Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tears

I stepped into my little girl’s hotel room in Zhengzhou, China on the day of our arrival in the city of Mia’s legal adoption. There it was. A baby bed. I held my little girl and said, “We’re really here.” We both cried.

In the few days in Zhengzhou Mia learned to blow kisses, say everyone’s name and say I love you. She repeats everything you say. She is especially cute with her little hand waving and saying “bye-bye.”

As we taxied down the runway leaving Zhengzhou headed for Guangzhou where the final process would take place to take Mia home – I watched as Kristi said to Mia, “Say bye-bye.” Mia, with her cute little wave, repeated the words. As she did, my little girl looked toward the window side of the plane and wiped away the tears. My little girl didn’t see it but her daddy cried too!

Two days ago Grammi picked out a special gift for our little girl. A jade pendant that is written in Chinese – “Mother – Daughter.” Grammi and Grampy are proud, happy, ecstatic for our new grandbaby!
With leaving day less than 12 hours away – let the tears flow!

Tears of sadness that little Mia will never know her birthplace and her birthparents as a child should.

Tears of joy that Mia will not have to grow up in a spiritually darkened world that, at best, offers the statue of a fat-bellied man as their hope!

Tears of joy that Mia’s forever family is finally winging their way to a small town in Kansas, USA where she is free to run and play and grow up in a godly home with so many people surrounding her that her greatest danger at this point is being smothered (by so much love)!

The swearing of the oath ceremony at the American Consulate was today. The lady said, “It’s official!” More tears!

There will be more tears yet. Let them come.

As I watch my little girl continue to grow and mature as a woman, a wife, a mommy – I am one happy, thankful, blessed, if somewhat emotional daddy and grampy!

Let’s go home!

No comments: