Thursday, May 13, 2010

40 Years of Marriage

Sitting here comtemplating the past 40 years. Come June 6th, that's how long we will have been married.

When I say it outloud, it's seems foreign to me. Forty years??? That's a long time.

Our journey started on September 5, 1969, at a southern gospel concert. Maybe that's why I still enjoy southern gospel. We doubled with the guy who would eventually be your best man. As we left the concert, I slipped my hand into the bend of your elbow. When we crossed the street you took my hand. It just felt right and natural. A perfect fit!! I knew that night you were the man I wanted! We were almost 21 years old.

Now, more than 40 years later, I still enjoy holding hands with you. You are, and have been, a wonderful husband. A godly, kind, considerate, thoughtful, loving man. I could not have asked for a better husband. You were God's perfect gift to me.

We wear other titles. The ones that have meant the most to us are Dad and Mom. Grampy and Grammi. The family that we created together - a very special gift.

Today, I thank God for the gift of YOU and the amazing life we have had together. We always wanted to grow old together and sit side by side in our recliners, like my grandparents, married over 70 years. When Grandpa would say to Grandma "do you love me, momma"? Without opening her eyes, she would answer "mmm-uh!"

Do I love you babe? "mmm-uh!" We had "FOREVER" engraved on the inside of our wedding rings. That's how long I will love you!!

My love forever!
Linda

No comments: